Tim Yang’s Weblog

24/11/2023

Theme feedback

Filed under: Wordpress — Tim Yang @ 5:50 pm

If you tried the Problogger Clean theme for Wordpress and you had problems with it, please do leave us a comment.

We have had some comments by email about problems with IE. But we’ve had inconsistencies with replicating the problem. The comments have revolved around the sidebar being misplaced in the single post pages.

If you have had this problem, please let us know the browser and platform you are using. A screenshot would be most helpful. Thanks!

8 Comments

1. Screenshot

In IE on my site, the two columns mess up by being pushed way down the screen. Other sites running this theme look alright on IE though. I haven’t changed anything else.

thanks.

Comment by Mofo — 25/11/2023 @ 12:46 pm

2. I think that if you email address is too long, the far right column gets pushed down to make room for it. Shortening the address for the user’s email made the column work right in IE.

Comment by Mofo — 25/11/2023 @ 12:51 pm

3. I miss how wordpress pages do not show up with this theme. For me, those are essential for customizing the content and making some static pages. I would like those to be retained in a version of problogger. If it wasn’t for the lack of pages, I would be probably be using that theme due to its adsense design.

Also, if you could put in the problogger control panel an option to show/hide contact info that would be useful.

Comment by Mark Wegner — 26/11/2023 @ 9:15 am

4. I think that if you email address is too long, the far right column gets pushed down to make room for it. Shortening the address for the user’s email made the column work right in IE.

That’s true .. but there are other issues with individual posts, as well as Archive and Search displays.

Here are some screenshots:

Single Post Screenshot

Single Post Screenshot (botton of page)

Search and Archive pages screenshot

These errors were observed in both IE6 and Opera8.5. on a Windows XP SP2 platform.

Unlike others, I’m starting a new site, andI guess it’s best to wait till someone finds a fix … as I am blind :-)

Comment by gappiah — 27/11/2023 @ 9:08 pm

5. I’m having the same issues as “gappiah” as well. The only way to replicate this is to have a higher resolution of at least 1280x****. On 1024×768, no issues appear!

I have tried on several machines on both Firefox and IE on XP SP2 as well and the problems always crop up… but only on higher resoutions!

Any ideas?

Comment by Rar — 28/11/2023 @ 1:20 pm

6. Adding

‘ . __(’Pages’) . ” ); ?>

To your sidebar templete will allow you to have the pages listsed. You can edit it look different as well.

Comment by Mofo — 30/11/2023 @ 11:01 am

7. The script messed up. add

wp_list_pages(’title_li=’ . __(’Pages’) . ” );

in php tags.

Comment by Mofo — 30/11/2023 @ 11:03 am

8. Hi!

I tried problogger-clean with wordpress2.0-RC3. It doesn’t work. I get following error-message:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare problogger_adsense_test() (previously declared in /var/www/xbox360/wp-content/themes/problogger-clean/functions.php:71) in /var/www/xbox360/wp-content/themes/problogger-clean/functions.php on line 71

do you plan to support Wordpress 2.0 ? regards and merry XMAS everybody!

Comment by Markus — 26/12/2022 @ 5:58 am

RSS feed for comments on this post.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.

Powered by WordPress